So in the last thread there was a bit of a discussion of what the new logo, jersey and court is going to look like. There were some nice ideas thrown about and then the idea was brought up of having a contest and the site would vote on the best design.
Ask and ye shall receive.
So that is exactly what we're going to do.
There are going to be three categories: logo, jersey and court. It is completely up to you on the style and design. You will have a few guidelines that do need to be followed.
1. Colors used my be green and gold. Completely up to you on the shade, but the colors must be distinguishable as green and gold.
2. Seattle, Sonics or Supersonics must be used in the logo. You can do one of the words or a combination of two. If you use Sonics and Supersonics in the logo you'll be disqualified for being repetitive (that is sarcasm).
3. No past player can be used in the logo in any form. Not their likeness, silhouette number, etc.
4. All designs must be original work. If we see any of the work online we will assume it is plagiarized and you are automatically disqualified.
5. In the same thoughts as rule #4, do not publish or share your work. We would love to debut all the work at once.
The contest is open to anyone and everyone. There is a new CONTEST link at the top of the page. This will include all rules, submission date and prizes. Yep, there will be some sort of prize. Not sure what yet, but we'll figure it out eventually.
I will not be participating. I can't even draw a stick figure correctly, nor can I even trace a stick figure correctly.
For the rest that of you, like me, that are not artistically inclined in the visual arts, let's talk about your favorite logos, court designs, jerseys and whatever else tickles your fancy.