The University of Washington Huskies Ice Hockey Club, in association with the institution's Department of Recreational Sports Programs, released its game times on Saturday for their upcoming 2015-2016 American Collegiate Hockey Association Division II season. The Huskies, who play under the Pacific-8 Hockey Conference with a majority of the Pac-12 Conference schools, open their season on their home rink -- Olympicview Arena in Mountlake Terrace -- with a weekend series against their intrastate rival Washington State University Cougars.
Most home games will be played on Friday and Saturday nights at 9 pm and 8 pm, respectively, with the exception of the home series against the University of Oregon Ducks. The home portion of the annual "I-5 Cup" series between the two schools will be played on Thursday, October 15, at 10 pm, and Friday, October 16, at 9 pm to avoid scheduling conflicts between the hockey games and the UO/UW football game at Husky Stadium on Saturday, October 17.
The UCLA Bruins will be the third and final conference opponent of the season, coming to Seattle in early January.
The non-conference schools coming to town will be the boys from Bellingham, the Western Washington University Vikings, on Halloween weekend. The Brigham Young University Cougars and Portland State University Vikings will round out the home schedule. Open dates of December 11 & 12, originally scheduled for WWU as part of a home-and-home back-to-back weekend series, have yet to be filled.
The Huskies will see more games away from the O-view this season as 16 of the 30 scheduled games will be on the road with trips to Spokane, Portland, Eugene, Boise, the San Francisco Bay Area, and Colorado.
Should the Huskies advance to the conference tournament, it will be held February 4-7 at the Tahoe Ice Sports Center in South Lake Tahoe, California.
Training camp for the hockey club begins on Tuesday, September 22, with a team meeting scheduled for 9 pm. The team will hit the O-view immediately after the meeting ends. Camp continues on September 23 & 24 at 10 pm, and will conclude on the 26th at 10:15 pm.
University of Washington Huskies: 2015-2016 ACHA Division II Schedule
- OCTOBER 2 - VS. *WASHINGTON STATE COUGARS, 9 PM
- OCTOBER 3 - VS. *WASHINGTON STATE COUGARS, 8 PM
- October 9 - @ Boise State Broncos (Time & Site TBA)
- October 10 - vs. Montana Tech Orediggers (Boise, ID - Time & Site TBA)
- October 11 - vs. Long Beach State 49ers (Boise, ID - Time & Site TBA)
- OCTOBER 15 - VS. *OREGON DUCKS, 10 PM (I-5 CUP, GAME #1), 10 PM
- OCTOBER 16 - VS. *OREGON DUCKS, 9 PM (I-5 CUP, GAME #2), 9 PM
- October 22 - @ Gonzaga Bulldogs (Eagles Ice-A-Rena, Spokane - Time TBA)
- October 23 - @ *Washington State Cougars (Time & Site TBA)
- October 24 - @ *Washington State Cougars (Time & Site TBA)
- OCTOBER 30 - VS. WESTERN WASHINGTON VIKINGS, 9 PM
- OCTOBER 31 - VS. WESTERN WASHINGTON VIKINGS, 8 PM
- NOVEMBER 6 - VS. BYU COUGARS, 9 PM
- NOVEMBER 7 - VS. BYU COUGARS, 8:30 PM
- November 13 - @ *California Golden Bears (Oakland Ice Center - Time TBA)
- November 14 - @ *California Golden Bears (Oakland Ice Center - Time TBA)
- November 20 - @ Portland State Vikings (Time & Site TBA)
- November 21 - @ Portland State Vikings (Time & Site TBA)
- December 4 - @ Western Washington Vikings (Bellingham Sportsplex - Time TBA)
- December 5 - @ Western Washington Vikings (Bellingham Sportsplex - Time TBA)
- DECEMBER 11 & 12 - GAMES TBD
- JANUARY 8 - VS. *UCLA BRUINS, 9 PM
- JANUARY 9 - VS. *UCLA BRUINS, 8 PM
- January 14 - @ Northern Colorado Bears, 7:15 pm (Greeley Ice Haus)
- January 15 - @ Denver Pioneers (Time & Site TBA)
- January 16 - @ Denver Pioneers (Time & Site TBA)
- January 22 - @ *Oregon Ducks (The Rink Exchange, Eugene - Time TBA) (I-5 Cup, Game #3)
- January 23 - @ *Oregon Ducks (The Rink Exchange, Eugene - Time TBA) (I-5 Cup, Game #4)
- JANUARY 29 - PORTLAND STATE VIKINGS, 9 PM
- JANUARY 30 - PORTLAND STATE VIKINGS, 8 PM
ALL GAMES IN BOLD ARE LISTED AS HOME GAMES
* Pac-8 Conference Game